Thursday, October 30, 2008

Exhausted

Exhausted is the best way to describe me right now. Every since I got home from St Louis last week, I have been on the go. There hasn't been a whole lot of time just to sit and do nothing. Adam and I did just that last night and it was much needed. I was in bed by 10pm and he came to bed shortly after that. Here is a recap of our last week.

Thursday I traveled to Indiana after work. Since Adam closed at Pier 1 that night, my friend Angie picked me up at the train station.

Friday Adam let me sleep in a little bit, but his stupid alarm kept going off so my dreams of a long morning of sleep were gone. After I got up we went to go vote early. Our first attempt was unsuccessful. We went the the court house in Elkhart and stood in line for 25 minutes and only moved 2 feet. The two ladies running this location were very confused. Adam and I ended up leaving and decided to go to the Goshen location instead. Before we did this, we had to go back to Pier 1 so Adam could do a little work. I sat in some different chairs in the store and entertained myself with my IPhone. After he got done working we went to vote in Goshen. We waited about 45 minutes, but this line was going much faster than the line in Elkhart. I did not mind waiting to vote. I was just so happy to see so many people voting. After we voted, we went back home. Adam and I should have spent the afternoon packing up the apartment, but I needed a nap. That evening we went to Lucchese's Italian Restaurant and had dinner with our friends Frank and Tonja and their kids. The food and atmosphere was great.

Saturday morning we went to the Farmers Market in Goshen and had breakfast with my old roommate Joel and his wife Terri. I had not seen them since I moved to the city, so it was great catching up with them. After breakfast it was time to clean again. We spent that next 6 hours cleaning and packing. Saturday night we had pizza with my extended family in Elkhart. It was great to see everyone.

Sunday I had to get up early and take Adam to work. I spent part of the day sleeping and part of the day cleaning. Sunday night I picked up Adam from work and we then loaded the car and drove back to Chicago.

Monday morning Adam dropped me off at work and he drove back to Indiana to get more stuff and do some stuff at work. He then drove back to Chicago and picked me up because we had opera tickets.

Tuesday morning we got up early and drove back to Indiana. We cleaned the carpets and packed up some more stuff. We then drove back to Chicago because we had to babysit for his god daughter McKenzie.

Wednesday morning Adam dropped me off at work and he came home and began to feel sick. I think all the running around has taken a toll on him. He picked me up from work around 5 and we got stuff to make soup and just bummed around.

He drove back to Indiana this morning because he has to work this afternoon. The apartment is almost empty. We just need to call the Salvation Army and get them to pick up some of the furniture that we no longer need.

No comments: