Saturday, November 1, 2008

Wedding Bells Will Ring

I have some exciting news to share.......my baby brother CJ asked his girlfriend Jen of 7 years to marry him. I am so excited for these two. I have had to keep this secret for the last month and it has been very hard. My brother gave me the honor of helping him pick out the ring. It was a fun hour for my mom and I. CJ was very clueless and of course my mom and I were more than happy to help him spend his money. He picked a beautiful ring from Hopmans. He has been hanging on to it for a while, waiting for the perfect moment.

My brother is a bow hunter and has a tree stand set up in the woods behind Jen's parents house. He came across a tree one day that had a heart carved into it. The heart says ?? loves ??. CJ carved "Will you marry me" into the tree and that is how he proposed. Isn't that romantic???? When I told Adam about how CJ was going to propose, his response was "That poor tree". He is so silly.

I am so happy for Jen and CJ to begin their lives together. They have lived apart for a very long time. CJ went to school in Muncie and Jen went to school in Indianapolis. After college CJ got a job in Mishawaka and Jen went to grad school in Chicago. Jen is finishing up school and they will get to see each other on a regular basis.

My brother and I had a rocky relationship growing up. It has been so neat to see him grow up and become a man. I am so fortunate to be able to call this wonderful person my brother and my friend. It is also great that I will be gaining a sister. I can't wait to see these two grow together.

Congratulations Jen and CJ. I love you both dearly!!!!!

No comments: