Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fun

The last three days were fun. Adam got into town late Thursday night. Friday morning we got up and decided to head to Ikea before I had to go to work. We picked up two dressers that match the bed we got this summer. Adam put the dressers together while I worked. When I got home, he had dinner waiting for me. It was nice to come home and have someone here.

Saturday morning we got up and ran some errands before Adam's parents arrived. We headed downtown with them and went to the MCA (Museum of Contemporary Art). It was interesting. The featured exhibit was a little strange. The artist used huge panels of LED lights and the information streaming across the screens was about the current war. The lights were arranged to represent different shapes. Adam's mom (Karen) and I both got a little sick from the lights. It was kind of like being in a room with strobe lights.

After we got done at the museum we wandered down Michigan Ave. It was a stupid thing to do. There were so many people. We went to the Apple Store and stopped by Tiffany's. Adam lasted about 30 seconds inside Tiffany's. He decided that would be a perfect time to head outside and make a reservation for dinner. I thought maybe he might look at some rings.

We went to Indie Cafe, which is two blocks from our apartment. The sushi was awesome. We came home and played Chicago Trivia. I really sucked at it in the beginning and slowly got better. I almost beat Adam's dad (Stephen), but he got me in the end.

This morning my parents took the train to Chicago and my parents finally met his mom. We had a little snack at a cafe and then went to The Art Institute. Then we came back to our apartment and Karen made a great meal. After dessert Adam headed back to Nappanee with my parents.

It was nice to have a fun weekend with no real schedule. Adam and I had a great time with our parents today. This was our last weekend off together before the busy holiday season begins. We needed the slow pace of the weekend. Adam's parents will be here until Thursday or Friday. Adam will be back on Tuesday night and we both have Wednesday off. I am not sure what we will do.

1 comment:

icejan said...

We had a great time too kiddo! It was fun to spend time with all of you and great to meet Karen. Adam is wonderful combo of them both! Karen is a great cook! Enjoy your time with them.

Love ya~Mom