Sunday, November 9, 2008

Home Again

I am back in Chicago and freezing my butt off. I arrived back in the city yesterday afternoon after a very slow train ride. The South Shore train was 30 minutes late and the first 30 miles we went about 10 miles an hour. The train couldn't get an traction on the tracks because of the rain. When I got to the apartment I had to turn on all the radiators and it took a while to warm up.

My dad is doing well. They released him from the hospital on Friday night. The doctor gave him a new prescription, so keep your fingers crossed that it works. He was feeling well yesterday when I left and was spending the afternoon watching football and relaxing.

I slept for 10 hours last night. I totally needed it. Thursday and Friday night I slept at my parents house. They have 2 dogs (George and Gordon) and a cat (Midas). Since both my parents were gone on Thursday night, the animals were a little lost. George and Midas were ok, but Gordon annoyed me. He didn't sleep very much. He spent most of the night 2 inches from my face and was constantly waking me up. Since my dad was home on Friday night, it was a little bit better, but the dogs still annoyed me. I probably only got 7 hours of sleep over the course of both nights.

Since Adam is staying at my parents house you would probably think we got to spend a lot of time together. That was not the case. He worked and I spent lots of time at the hospital. We did go see a movie on Friday night. Pride and Glory was very good. Adam and I rarely go to movies at the theatre so this was a nice treat for us.

I have to head back to work today. We have our annual holiday meeting tonight so it should be interesting. Adam's parents and brother will be here at the end of the week. I have lots to do to get the house ready.

No comments: