Sunday, December 6, 2009

Snow

I LOVE snow. Some of you may be groaning and others may share my love for this fluffy white stuff. On Thursday Adam and I were running errands and I saw some really big flakes and even caught one on my tongue.

My outlook on snow changed a little bit last year because it was the first year since I began driving that I didn't have to drive in it on a regular basis. Since I don't have a car in the city I don't have to worry about scraping off my car, black ice and all the other little annoyances that that the come with the snow. I do have to walk through it. Some of the homes and businesses on my route to the Red Line are very good about clearing the sidewalks and I think some others don't even know what a shovel is. It is slightly annoying when my neighbors get out their snow blowers at 5am.

It is also really amazing to see how people will try to save the parking spaces that they have shoveled clean. After about 7pm Monday - Friday it can be very difficult to find a parking spot on my street. Add in the element of snow and it really gets interesting. Some of my neighbors use orange parking cones and others get really creative by using lawn chairs. I will try to take a picture once we get some significant accumulation.

It is supposed to snow tonight. Weather Channel is telling me there is a chance of up to 1 inch of accumulation. Yahoo!!!!!!

No comments: