Friday, June 19, 2009

Weather

I am a girl who loves a good thunderstorm. I love watching the lightening and listening to the thunder. However, I don't like thunderstorms when they cause Adam's flight to get cancelled. I got a phone call around 5pm that his flight was cancelled. He was in the car with his parents on their way to the airport. It is a 3 hour drive and they have very unreliable cell phone service because of the mountains. I called United and they informed me Adam could get on an American Airlines at 5:45, but Adam would not be at the airport at 5:45 because his original flight wasn't scheduled to leave until 7:30. I called United again when I got home and had to be on hold for 25 minutes before I was connected to an agent. While I was on hold I searched the internet to see what flights I might be able to get Adam on. When I finally got the agent I told which two flights I wanted to get Adam on standby for. She told me she couldn't put him on standby over the phone. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!! I am not sure where he is right now. He is supposed to call me soon. He has to be at work in Elkhart tomorrow at 1:30. We will see what happens. I am super bummed because we really haven't seen each other very much the last 3 weeks. I was hoping for a few moments with him when he got home tonight. He he makes one of these standby flights he will arrive in Chicago around 1:30 am. He needs to leave for Indiana at 9:30. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: