Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

It is hard to believe that 2008 is almost over. It was a very eventful year. Here are some highlights.
  • Adam and I took our annual trip to Aspen to visit his family and enjoy some much needed R&R. We were lucky enough to have lunch in the same restaurant as Bill Murray. He even held the door open for Adam's mom.
  • Build-A-Bear decided I was good enough to run the Navy Pier store. Adam and I decided this was the time to make our move to Chicago. It has been a very bumpy road, but we are glad we did it.
  • We took a very long road trip to Colorado to visit Adam's parents again and enjoy some more R&R. The best part of this trip was the winery tour and the great conversations we had in the car.
  • There were some scary medical moments in both our families. My mom was diagnosed with skin cancer, my dad had some heart problems and was in and out of the hospital and Adam's dad had his hip replaced. Everyone is doing great now and we hope to not have anymore moments like this in 2009.
  • Adam and I got to witness two great friends get married. Al and Kylee threw a great party and we were honored to be a part of it.
  • My brother FINALLY asked his girlfriend of 7 years to marry him. August 29th, 2009 will be a great day.

That is all I can think of for now. I am sure I forgot a few things. I hope all of you have a great New Year and I hope you are looking forward to 2009 as much as I am.

No comments: