Friday, December 5, 2008

Black Friday

Black Friday has come and gone. I know I should have posted this earlier, but I didn't. For the last 3 years, I have had to be at the mall by 5am to open my store. Since Navy Pier is not your typical mall, we don't really have holiday hours. We opened at our normal time of 10am. I felt like I might get in trouble because I wasn't at work SUPER early. It was so weird!

We had a decent day. My bosses boss was in town and came to help out for the day. This was a little intimidating because I wasn't sure if he was there to help or observe. He arrived at 10am and left around 5. It was nice having the extra person working. It was neat seeing him interact with all the guests.

Saturday was even busier than Friday. I had all 4 stuffers and all 3 registers going at once and we still had a line out the door. It was awesome. My entire staff was happy and having fun. The guests were nice too. They didn't complain about the lines too much.

I am anxious to see how the rest of the holiday season pans out. People seem to be shopping. Personally, I am waiting for the big deals that I think will come when we get closer to Christmas

No comments: