Sunday, February 1, 2009

Rough Week

Last week was a very rough week. Here is the breakdown:

Sunday-Adam and I attended McKenzie's 2nd birthday party at Fantasy Kingdom. McKenzie is Adam's adorable god-daughter. We had a great time watching the kids play and catching up with some of our friends. After the party we went back to McKenzie's house and watched her open her presents. She is so cute. We went home around 7pm and I was asleep by 8:30. I thought this was kind of weird that I went to sleep so early.

Monday-Adam had to head back to Indiana and dropped me off at work. I started feeling ill around noon and by the time 2pm rolled around, I was not doing well. I was supposed to work open to close at Build-A-Bear, but left around 4pm.

Tuesday-I woke up with a cough and the rest of the day went down hill from there. I worked for half a day and then came home to write my year end reviews for myself and my assistants. I will talk more about reviews in a later post. I took some Theraflu before I went to bed, hoping that I would wake up better the next morning.

Wednesday-I woke up around 5am and knew I couldn't go to work. My cough had gotten much worse and and my head was full of yucky mucus. I called and woke my assistant Ian up at 7am and he covered my shift for the day. I spent most of the day sleeping and blowing my nose. I took some more Theraflu and again hoped that I would wake up better the next day.

Thursday-I had to be at work very early because we had a shipment coming in. I have no clue how I worked a 10 hour day. It was horrible. Thank goodness I had the weekend off to recover. After work I went home and took lots of medicine.

Friday-I got up and went to the store to get more tissues and more medicine. I then headed to Indiana to celebrate Adam's birthday. We didn't do much celebrating because I was still too sick. I told him I would make it up to him when we were on vacation. I spent most of the day on the couch at my parents house with Adam taking care of me.

Saturday- I woke up still feeling like crap, but had to go to Middlebury to get fitted for my bridesmaids dress for my brother upcoming wedding. This wore me out for the day. I came home and took a 4 hour nap. Adam had to work, so I went out to dinner with my parents.

Sunday-I woke up this morning feeling much better. I still have a little cough, but things are much better. Tonight when Adam gets off work, we are headed back to Chicago and might make an appearance at a Super Bowl party.

I have a feeling I may have gotten Adam sick. Keep your fingers crossed that he stays well because we leave for vacation in 10 days.

No comments: