Saturday, February 28, 2009

Randomness

Adam and I arrived home safely from our vacation. It is always hard for us to come back because Colorado is so beautiful and we love being out there.

Our first week back wasn't too bad. We both had lots of stuff to catch up on at work. The day after I got back Build-A-Bear hosted a Teddy Bear Picnic with Navy Pier. The turnout for the event was decent. It would have been better if there wasn't some silly winter storm advisory.

On Thursday I headed to Indiana with Adam for the day. He had Wednesday and Friday off from work this week, so he headed to Chicago Tuesday night after work. I had to work all day Wednesday, so Adam bummed around the apartment. We got up Thursday morning and headed to Indiana so Adam could work. I spent the day getting my hair done, hanging out with my parents and doing laundry. When Adam got done with work, we headed back to Chicago. I know it sounds silly that Adam drove back for just the day, but it really wasn't too bad. The worse part about it was driving through the crazy rain on the way home. One second it would be lightly sprinkling and the next second it was a torrential down pour.

Yesterday we got up and ran some errands. We had to take the recycling to the recycling center and pick some stuff up at Costco. We spent less than expected at Costco, which is always a good thing. In the evening we hung out with The Kileys and got to play with McKenzie for a few hours. She is getting so big and it so much fun to play with right now.

Adam got up this morning and headed back to Indiana. I don't have to be at work until 2:30. Tomorrow I am taking the train to Indiana for my friend Moriah's baby shower. Adam and I will head back to Chicago after he gets off work. We both have Monday off and are going to the opera on Monday night.

Lots of traveling in February. I can't believe the month is almost over. We don't really have much to look forward to in March. Just work.

No comments: