Thursday, July 24, 2008

Comcast-Part 2

I blogged earlier this month about Comcast. They were late for my installation appointment. I got over it because the service tech was a nice guy and did his job as quickly as he could. I got an e-mail few days ago telling me that my bill was ready. This seemed a little strange because I have only had cable for 2 weeks. I finally got around to viewing me bill today and was SHOCKED to see that my balance due was $192.94. You are probably thinking in your head "what kind of cable package does she have". I ordered internet and cable for $66 a month. I added some upgrades and monthly bill should be a little less than $100.

I was charged $179.97 for one-time charges. These one time charges were not mentioned to me when I placed the order. I AM NOT HAPPY. Apparently the charges are for the installation. WHATEVER!!!!! I contacted customer service and the lady I talked with offered to take 50% of the charge away. I accepted, but I am not done yet!

Beware of hidden charges with Comcast. I didn't sign a contract or anything so I tempted to take my business elsewhere.

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

I am sorry that the charges were not made clear when you upgraded your service. On the other hand, I am happy to know that this is now settled.

You were right, I also asked what kind of package do you have?:) Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Mark C.
Comcast Corp.
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com