Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Visit from Andy Dick

I am a self proclaimed reality TV junkie. Adam gives me a hard time about this often. I really enjoy watching mindless TV and I get so caught up in the silly lives of people on TV. I know it is a problem, but I have no desire to fix it. I got sucked into VH1's Celebrity Sober House a few weeks ago. In case you are not familiar with the show, it follows 7 celebrities through their journey to being sober. Comedian Andy Dick is one of the celebrities on the show.


Last Thursday I was at work stuffing a lamb for a lady. All of a sudden a man walked over to the stuffer and told his friend to take his picture. This happens all the time, so I was not surprised. As soon as I saw who it was, I got a little excited. Andy Dick was in my store. He was in Chicago to do a show and was killing some time at Navy Pier. He ended up making a bear for his daughter, whose name is Meg. He also signed a shirt for us and posed for some pictures. Word spread fast around The Pier and at one point in time we had about 50 people in the store asking for autographs and pictures. It was pretty cool.


Some of you are probably thinking to yourselves "why is she excited about Andy Dick....he has a bad reputation". He was super duper nice. It was really neat to meet him.

Me and Andy Dick (I was so tired that day)

Andy and my assistant Rosie

Another picture of me and Andy

Andy talking to some people who heard he was in our store

No comments: