Monday, June 30, 2008

Hero

The war that our country is fighting finally hit home for me. Travis Hunsberger, a high school classmate of my brother, was killed in Afghanistan on Friday by an IED. I know people who have lost people they know to the war, but no one I actually knew. I did not know Travis well. His mom Ronda plays the piano and accompanied me a lot during my high school singing days. She always had a story to share about Travis.

It takes a lot of guts to sign up for the Armed Forces. This is a job I could never do. Travis is a true American Hero. I don't agree with what is happening with this war, but that does not mean I do not support the men and women who are fighting it.

My thoughts are with The Hunsberger family. I hope they can find peace in the memories they have of Travis.

No comments: