Tuesday, August 12, 2008

REALLY Long Day

Today was a such a long day. I left my apartment this morning at 6am and did not return until 7:30 pm. I had management meeting this morning, my monthly visit from my boss (who I adore) and lots of new training on our new payroll and scheduling system. My head is swimming with so much info right now. There isn't room for anymore.

While I was in my meeting, my cell phone rang. Normally I wouldn't answer it in a meeting, but I just felt the reason to answer the phone. It was my mom. She was calling to tell me she has skin cancer. I didn't know what to say. She found a spot on her thumb about 3 months ago. The doctor said to watch it and it would probably go away. It didn't go away. She had a biopsy and it came back positive. The doctors are very optimistic and are removing the spot on Thursday. From what I understand, skin cancer is very treatable, but it is still FREAKING scary.

The part that is the hardest for me is that I am 2 hours away. If I still lived in Elkhart, I would hop in my car to be there for my mom. It kills me that I can't do that. My mom is my best friend and I feel bad that I am not there for her during this tough time. Sure she has my dad and my brother, but they are not me. I love my mom so much and I truly do not know what I would do without her.

I am very happy that Adam will be coming into town tonight. It couldn't have happened at any better time. I know we just got back from vacation, but I still miss him. I just want him to hug me after this LONG day. Tomorrow we are picking up our new phones.

1 comment:

jeffsgal212 said...

Aw, Megan, what a long day, and not the greatest news. I'll pray for your mom. Thank goodness your boy is coming tonight so you can have some TLC. HUGS! Suz